Old Photo - WW1 Australian Troops Posing With Their Machine Gun Mounted Model T's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - WW1 Australian Troops Posing With Their Machine Gun Mounted Model T's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

M 1913 Machine guns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

I'm sure there was nothing humorous about what they were doing and those guys took things seriously. After all, they were in harms way facing an enemy who wanted to kill them. Having said that, the thought of a T roaring (actually ticking) across a field with a machine gun blazing makes me smile. They clearly had more guts than I ever did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Here's another one . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mundinho Falcao on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:10 am:

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/B01482/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:16 am:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfGhV5j2Bs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David ONeal on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Those machine guns in the top picture are Vickers .303 Water Cooled Machine Guns. The second picture shows a Lewis Gun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David ONeal on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Here is a picture of my British Vickers from 1915
vik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Going by the hats, I'd say more Scotts and Brits than Aussies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:56 am:

A model company has just introduced a 1/35 scale model of the car in the second picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Looks like some of the head light lenses are missing. I wouldn't mind having one of those parked in my garage, just for some protection and peace of mind.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

The drivers must have been very short, either by necessity or attrition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Attrition! As a fairly tall person, that sends chills up my spine. I can just hear myself yelling at my trenchmates telling them to dig deeper! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Hmmmmm... Only one brass radiator T - the second from the left.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration