Need info on roadster body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need info on roadster body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 12:47 am:

My brother brought me the 1925 roadster body right side panel he is painting for a fellow club member.
It needs some cracks welded in flange in the bottom of the panel. Is that panel straight from the front of the door to the rear of the panel on the bottom? Also the metal is very thin is there room for a patch on the inside to give me something more to weld to? Do I need the wood here to facilitate this repair? this is a really nice car I want to make sure the repair is correct & will last another 90 years. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:52 am:

You need to look at the body itself where the repair needs to be to get an idea of the correct angle and any curvature that might be there.
Some people cut out the bad section completely and replace it. Either way you go you need to actually see where its going to go by either looking at it or get several pictures of where the body section fits into the body.

That's what I would want to do.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration