No more Hanky-Panky

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: No more Hanky-Panky
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:15 am:

With the help of Paul & Ken LeBlanc, I was able to bring "Sweet Chariot" home on December 31, 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo70nrmm8P4&feature=youtu.be

A special thanks to both of them, for their continued help and support with my Model T collection.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: as previously suggested, I am now removing the coils from all 3 Ts each night, in an attempt to stop any more hanky panky going on resulting in more Ts showing up in the morning and the 3 of them saying "don't look at me. I didn't do anything".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Unfortunately, removing the coils will not solve the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Hi Warren,

It is my sad duty to inform you that removing the coils nightly from all of your Ts, as a prophylactic against further infestation won't work. There is no known cure.

Now, before you lose all hope, I will say that you may not suffer any future outbreaks. It seems that as the number of Ts increase, the amount of time between eruptions of the malady increases, sometimes many years between. A lucky few manage to get by perfectly well with only one Model T, hard to imagine, I know.

There has been much discussion and speculation regarding how to control this disease, as I stated above, there is no known cure. Many therapies abound and their efficacy debated; some practitioners even worry that some of the treatments may strengthen the disease: attending car shows or cruise nights may cause a patient to "see something he likes" with the result of "giving him ideas".

I must also warn you, Warren, that this disease is not limited to the proliferation of the humble Ford Model T, other makes and models can, surprisingly, appear in one's dooryard. Beware. And good luck. Dr. Harper

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Unlike other afflictions, an intervention by your buddys or attendind meeting such as TT meeting for support is unsucceful. Infact studies have shown it only makes it worse! Sorry there is no cure know to man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

This is the reason I rant and rave about poisoning the minds of youth.
NOW you see what happens when a mind is ruined forever. There is no
shutting off the evil and destructive impulses to seek out open roads,
consort with rusty things, and turn our backs on the goodness that is
vinyl siding !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Be careful about taking parts off to prevent "hanky panky." Take it from me, piles of parts and partial cars multiply much faster than complete finished cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Burger,

What type of auxiliary transmission is that mounted on the TT rear end? Under, direct, over and reverse? It looks cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Henry,

It is a Lincoln 3-speed. I am unaware of any of these having a
reverse gear. This one is under-direct-overdrive. Will enable the
whoopass engine I am building to push the high speed gears and
overdrive to speeds beyond comprehension. My design team is
working on a thermal shield paint capable of withstanding atmospheric
re-entry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Dang, and all that on 90+ year old wood spokes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

I have the hanky hanky going on started with one and have 3 now. So be careful they do reproduce. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Tim,
I started last spring with one and now there is three. Burger is a bad influence because the 3rd one is a TT. I used my wifes Tahoe to go see a buddy and this is what happened!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Burger, if you need a second transmission for parts I have one. Just let me know. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Landers, Thine is the path of true evil. Keep on truckin' ! :-)

Jerome, PM en route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:13 am:

The TT I had years ago with a Universal (brand name) overdrive in front of the 5 to 1 rear end would cruise at 40 mph on a good day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 07:06 am:

Thank you to all who took the time to supply me with all that great advise. I can now see that my affliction is hopeless. As I now have a strong desire to own a Model TT, is there any hope, or should I "go with the flow"????

Happy motoring,

Warren

Burger as I do not want to become the master mind of a criminal enterprise, please keep your garage securely locked at all times!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 07:37 am:

Warren, there is no hope !!! Like I said Burger is a bad influence posting pics of TT at work.may as well face facts your going to need a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 08:08 am:

Yes Dallas, I agree Burger is the problem, he speaks no evil, sees no evil and hears no evil, all the while giving great and thoughtful advise to newbies in particular.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Winter front installed, now I'm ready for anything
Winter front installed

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration