Firewall shield question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Firewall shield question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

While doing some work on my '12 touring I noticed that the firewall shield appeared to be home made. Sure enough, looking in the catalogs I realized that my shield looked not at all like the pictures.

So my question is this: The shields in the catalog are listed by year, i.e. 1911, 1912, 1913. But we know that parts sometimes changed mid-year. In my case, the car is a late (slab side) 1912. Does anyone know if the shield changed mid year, or did it actually change with the model year ?

Figured if I was going to buy a new part, it might as well be the correct one !

Thanks in advance,

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

John Regan is your expert - he manufactures and sells authentic reproductions of the dash shields:

http://www.funprojects.com/products/3638.aspx

Once the web page opens, read the corresponding PDF with his research on dash shields.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Dick,

You need to call John armed with your engine block casting date. That will give him the date of the probably firewall shield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Thanks Eric & Royce. I did call John Regan. John said that the split between 1911 type shield and 1912 type comes at the changeover from two-piece dash and one-piece dash.

Mine being a one-piece dash, I need the p/n 3638E4. Will order in the morning.

Dick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration