Stewart Speedometer Gear Numbers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stewart Speedometer Gear Numbers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Anyone know what a Stewart gear # 2316 fits or what ratio it is for?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Howard,
It is a fiber 14T7P gear. It was probably used with a swivel joint at the front wheel. More than likely it was on a large car. Stewart made many different gears from 12T5P to 43T12P. Finding out exactly what this gear went on is going to difficult, if not impossible.
I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:47 am:

Thanks Russ, just trying to figure out this box of parts that came with my Maxwell. Have a 1913 swivel 2 1/2 to 1 that currently has a 2316 gear and wonder if I can just get the 2301 gear that you mentioned was correct for my Maxwell and use this swivel?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:59 am:

OT, but please post pictures of your Maxwell! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Glad To, Mark

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Hi Howard,
I have original NOS fiber 2301 gears. You can replace the 2316 gear and be on your way!!
Russ Furstnow

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration