1922 Hercules Model 31 Delivery Truck Finished

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1922 Hercules Model 31 Delivery Truck Finished
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cale Miller on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:12 am:

hi everyone, I started my original thread for my delivery truck back in 2014 (Original thread link: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/451037.html?1404008981 ) and that winter of 2014 we started our restoration. We finished the truck early last spring of 2016 and I had forgotten about my original post and I wanted to let everyone know that the truck is finished and driving well. The restoration was truly a total restoration. Many of the original parts were too worn out to be used so they were either replaced or had the bushings, bearings replaced to be put back to original and to be safe to drive. The body was also a total restoration and was completed in all oak except for a few places that we were able to use the original wood. It has its bugs like any Model T but that's part of the fun and these bugs are easy to adapt to, although we may need a new radiator because our T overheats quite often on the original radiator. Overall its been a very fun project and I'm very grateful for those who had helped me with my questions back in 2014 and the many helpful threads on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Awwww, that CAN'T be the same truck!! Wow, what a nice job. Excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:21 am:

I remember standing beside that truck at the sale.It was a little rough,but had potential. You have done a fine job fixing it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Wow, what a transformation! Great truck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Beautiful Truck. Great job. Love the red and black look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Nice job Cale !
I was a that auction and remember you getting that T.
Boy I wish there were more auctions like that one near me.

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Nice work Cale. Thanks for taking the picture of how it looked before you restored it. It was lovely then and Beautiful now.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Great work! It really is attractive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cale Miller on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:57 am:

thanks everyone! may father and i are very proud of our work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Cale,

You and your father are true craftsmen !

Beautiful !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Are the side windows operable or fixed? Do you get a lot of lateral body flexing without a panel behind the seat? I had an old body that flexed so badly the doors would sometime open!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Rats!! Can someone turn this thing over?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Cale,

What a great job you and your dad did! Thanks for the update! Go enjoy it now! Put lots of miles on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Thanks Richard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Cale

That is some fine work, WOW, looks great.

And love the photo op, with the fall colors so splendid, your truck stands out super!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of the trucks, but that is one sweet piece of machinery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Wow! Nice job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Oh so sweet and a heck of a lot of work !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Cale, Beautiful job. What kind of wood did you use? I spent a lot of years in the 'woodshop' I always thought it would be a fun project such as yours.

John, What is the apparatus ahead of the door on your truck? Have never seen whatever it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

David, it is a stack of 3 kerosene burners intended for use as emergency road flares. They are held in a bracket attached to the body. I have a set on my profile truck also--found them at an antique shop for five bucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

John, Thanks, I've seen some early road flares but never what appears to be brass? Is there a date on them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Not dated or brass. Painted. The set on my other truck have original paint and decals. I'll take some pictures and post on a separate thread tomorrow as I feel I am intruding on this one. I would still like to know if Cale's body flexes laterally and whether the windows are operable. Mr. Miller?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Cale, that is a wonderful T. Well done. I was always taken by the little red truck on the cover of a Ford restoration book, and apart from the roof over the bed, your is just like it.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

I wish some one could repop the Hercules body tags.They were mounted on front seat lick panel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Beautiful !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Looks great! Congratulations on a fine restoration.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration