What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Paetz on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Can anyone tell me what this is, It came with some other model t parts the Patent is Oct 14 1902.
It has something like a choke butterfly in it. picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:27 am:

What size threads into it ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Throttle plate for a Schebler model D marine carburretor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Not for a T. It's a throttle plate for, probably, a Schebler carburetor. Used mostly in farm engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Ya, what Dale said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Paetz on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:33 am:

about 1 9/16 course thread , mounting bolt holes are 5/16 diam. and 2 3/4 inch c/c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Schebler used an interesting sliding throttle plate. They work fine until carbon coats them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Paetz on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:59 am:

thank you all for the help the model t people are the most knowledgeable group thanks Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Don't take this as gospel but I think that the slide plate type throttle was used on stationary engines that ran at a set speed and the normal butterfly was used on engines that were throttled up and down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Mark, these Scheblers were a very good carb for stationary engines. They were also used on a lot of boats and 1 and 2 cylinder cars. My 1907 Buick came with one on it. It works remarkably well when the float is adjusted properly. they came in a variety of throat sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Agreed, it's from "The Schebler" Model D.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Two things I found interesting about these Scheblers is that they apparently can be used with the air valve chamber and the throttle valve housing mounted in either location. The bolt pattern is the same and I have seen them both ways. Also, some used a tickler valve to push the float down, giving more gas for starting. Others used a choke valve. My carb has both. Either works well.

In addition I found that you can run mine with the top off and play with the float while the engine is running. This was great fun until it backfired and lit the carb on fire. I DON'T RECOMMEND THAT. However it was exciting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration