OT-Old Photo-What kind of car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-Old Photo-What kind of car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

A friend sent me this family photo. Anyone know the year and make of vehicle?

jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Can't help with maker but I find the tires interesting, looks like that they should be fitted as a directional pattern but the left front is is on the other way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

I'm going to guess a 1912 REO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

I agree, Verne, it's a 1912 REO. It's got a 1912 Ontario license plate on the front, so it's probably one of the ones built in St Catherines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

They put the tires on that way so you can't tell which way it was going. Like the military tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Here's my brother's 1912 REO the 5th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:02 am:

nice looking auto. where there any patterns/parts, standardized on the old cars, between makes, maybe like that 6 bolt spacing at the wheel hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ian Hayhurst on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

I agree with Chris--the period photo is a Canadian-made 1912 Reo Special, without the ventilator at the bottom of the windshield as shown on Peter Findlay's venerable cross-country Reo the 5th. Or mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

What cool old cars. Very nice. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration