Decker Steering Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Decker Steering Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott porter on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

How do you remove steering wheel with a horn button it is a locking type no key .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

I have one. Gently pry out the metal retainer for the horn button. Lift out the button and the connection plate then disconnect the wires from the connection plate below. Once the connection plate and insulator have been removed you will see the nut that holds on the steering wheel. To get into the steering box, you must drill out the retaining pin or pins. I went back with long screws instead of pins in case I want to go back in again. If you need a new button, once can be made by modifying a magneto horn button to fit inside the metal retainer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Be carefull you don't set off the air bag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Bruce had posted this about the air bag:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/471650.html?1408308691

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration