Seat back fix?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Seat back fix?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

This part of the seat curve looks patched and does not look factory right to me. How should it look? How to fix?

Seat back curve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

IMO, depends on what you want to do with your T.

Appears to be an old repair, done years ago. And the doors have added exterior door handles, so your T has lots of older stuff happening, I really like T's that have stood tough, and been well used and modified by former owners :-)

The correct repair for all that damage is to re-check the frame wood, see if it is correct too.

Then replace the entire back panel of that touring.

Wood frame details in drawing.

What it should look like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Thought comes to mind on why that repair, are both sides of the seat back like that?

You might keep looking at the back rest, look for hinges or something, as maybe the seat back was sectioned for folding down.

Many a T has been modified that way for camping, folding down the front seat back rest to make a bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

The other side is the same way patched but it does not look like it was ever laid back. There are dime sized rust holes near the bottom of the seat back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 12:10 am:

I think I could fabricate and weld on new armrests if I had a paper or cardboard cutout of the original dimensions.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration