OT - Batch Image Resizer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Batch Image Resizer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

If I remember right, a year or two ago there was a discussion about resizing photos. I had been doing it one-at-a-time with picresize.com but someone in our group had a way to select several photos and resize them in a "batch". You could select the ones you wanted to resize then drag them over into the program and they would resize a batch of them all at once. The resized photos came back into the same album but in a sub-folder of "resized" photos. I found one that put them next to the original but I liked it in a separate sub-folder. Does anyone remember the name of that program?
Thanks!!!
Verne Shirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Picresize.com has a batch feature, just select "multiple pics".

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

-Mark-
As you had suggested to me a while back, this is the same site I have been using, but found the 'batch' re-sizing to have been less usable. (Harder to 'guess' the size!) I've just re-sized the singles, downloaded to 'pictures' on my computer, then upload as wanted to MTFCA. Delete them from my computer as appropriate. A simple approach for my simple mind? (It works!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

irfanview is a free tool that can do batch resizing, along with a whole bunch of other image processing stuff. You can do things like take a whole bunch of pictures and resize them all so the longest side is xxx pixels.

www.irfanview.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Thanks!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration