Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene - These Guy's Are Ready To Flip Passer's By The Bird.......Literally! :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene - These Guy's Are Ready To Flip Passer's By The Bird.......Literally! :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Oh Jay, that is fowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:26 am:

I don't know where they are or what season of the year it is, but judging from their dress it's probably not too cold. With this in mind it makes me wonder how long those birds can be displayed like that before they begin to turn foul (sorry, couldn't help it :-)).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Sure was a lot of plucking work dressing all those birds. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:42 am:

I'm just a chicken pluckin' chicken plucker's son and I'll sit here pluckin' chickens 'till my chicken pluckin's done.

Say that five times fast and see if your tongue doesn't fall out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Looks like a foul dressing room!
Yep I said that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Brings to mind Hoover's "A chicken in every pot."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:56 am:

those guys are chick magnets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

That was back before we had salmonella and ebola or ecoli or whatever it is they call it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

"For a poultry sum you can buy our birds." At least they aren't couped up in a display case.
Well, I'm afried it's time to get the flock out of here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Nice selection ! Chickens, turkeys, maybe even ducks and geese. We are so far removed from the "old days". Folks managed to live for centuries without supermarket chains, mass production and refrigeration. I'd reckon this represents what this outfit can sell out on a market day between daylight and about noon . . . then as now, poultry and fish don't keep.

We'd probably find it hard to recognize birds of this type if they were served up on a platter today. Poultry breeds and the methods of raising them have changed so radically through the past 60 years or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 06:50 am:

Fly Paradise....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 07:15 am:

Hey, flies gotta eat too, right?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Before my eyes focused in on the pic as it downloaded, my first thought was.. "a stadium full of KKK"!! That top row sure looked like pointed white sheets! Guess it's time for a trip to the eye doc!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Tim, .... I thought the same thing as it downloaded.

As for the comedy ... I really hope youze guys have day jobs !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

It is a strange place our minds go in that split second before reality checks in. Cheap entertainment that I enjoy.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Whew!! Thought I was losing it!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

If your pony does that and shies, you get mad at him ! ; )

Very first glance, I thought it was a crowd too !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration