What do you do when the grandchildren are there?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What do you do when the grandchildren are there?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:53 am:

The title say it.
What I did because the weather was to bad and to cold to take them out for a ride, you can see on the photos.

Happy New year to all.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Nothin' better than waffles right out of the cooker...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

So, I reckon that makes them "Belgian waffles"?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

As They say

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Those are some great looking grandchildren. They can certainly make things fun.

We did take the little ones for some T rides even though the Winter driving is a little hard on the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Andre,

No lukken???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

't Ziet er allemaal lekker uit, André... Eet smakelijk! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Well, if I cook them, they certainly are Belgium Waffles, or more correctly, Flemish Waffles!!
:-)
BTW, we never let them pile up on the plate like that, they came out of the iron, plate passed around the table and butter on them before they cooled. Good memories, my Dad's sourdough waffles on Sunday, pancakes on Saturday. I haven't kept up the tradition, sadly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

David,

Dewey doesn't sound too Flemish. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Richard I just noticed the plates on your car where they say Old Timer, Is that referring to you, the car, or the device that controls spark advance? (Sorry I just could not resist)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

I had hoped we might be able to take a Model T ride when our little guys were here for Christmas, no such luck. Snow storm and drifting effectively locked "Liz" in her winter quarters before they got here. The boys did enjoy climbing on Liz, "play driving" and getting acquainted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

G.R. Yes there is an "Old Timer" at both ends of the spark linkage. Both produce a buzz if conditions are right. The license plate is an old timer too. I have had it since 1965.

All this Waffle talk is making me hungry.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Andre,

You are not making Waffles - You are making a memory.

Grand kids are great.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

First pic shows a pretty good Vladmir Putin impression going on. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Making waffles must be dangerous to the left wrist...are they so heavy it broke?

When I make waffles they are not known as Belgium waffles they're know as burnt waffles!

Great photo thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Dennis,
I had a surgery in the left wrist, two weeks ago.
The doctor opened the "Guyon" channel and freed the nerve that was blocked.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Get well soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Jerry,
Dewey isn't--that side of the family came from England in 1633, but my mom's side, Cabus, came over from Antwerp in 1917 through Ellis Island. My great uncle stayed in Belgium and was a General in the Flemish underground during WWII. There's still family over there, but no Cabus' left, my Mom's generation were all girls. My nephew carries on the family name by being named Cabus Dewey.
T'ake care,
David D.
PS My Grandfather was a baker too! Had a bakery in downtown Walnut Creek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

Don't worry about burning a waffle or pancake.

Like children and wives, the first one is always a "throw away".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Posted these before, enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Andre,

Looks like all are having a great time! And there will be better weather when spring arrives.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Besides all the T stuff that we do with the boys.
In September I watched the younger one for four days while Ellen and the older one and his mom went out West. All he wanted to do was ride in the T. Two of the days we were gone all day in the 14, and short trips the other two days.

Craft of the day. Colored their T tshirts

They love going to the lake (in the T of course). We go there a lot in the summer.

They like to make their own pizzas when they visit, and always ice cream cones after dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Nothing like grand kids!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Weather permitting, make the eldest of the Grand kids drive me around, of course. She's 9. She can start that old bugger too.

Ava

Otherwise, the younger boys count the number of oil stains under the other T's or "help me fix it" as they lay underneath.
Thank goodness they can't do any real damage. Yet. :-)

Andre and the rest of you are good Grandpa's!
My Grandpa once signed a birthday card to me Old Pa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

What, you don't have then toss the dough overhead to get that round pizza joint shape??
Oh, you don't want the ceiling and walls decorated with pizza dough?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Mine will go for a model A or T ride occasionally but the rest of the time they are on their phones or some other hand held device. In the summer I make them help me wash the cars before we go for a ride. They start out complaining and end up laughing and waving at people. Their parents stick games in their hands when they are born practically like a baby sitter. But that seems to be how kids are now. Most of the kids in our neighborhood stay in texting or play video games in the summer when we probably all stayed out until we were told it was time to come in the house. Oh but we didn't have a safe space either. Lol ridiculous.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 07:51 am:

David, don't give them any ideas, they make enough of a mess as it is now, but they are worth it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration