Old Photo - Hubbard Auto Parts Store At Its Original Telegraph Avenue Oakland Ca. Location, 1940's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Hubbard Auto Parts Store At Its Original Telegraph Avenue Oakland Ca. Location, 1940's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 09:52 am:

It looks pretty much the way auto parts stores looked in the early 1960s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Yep- - believe it was owned by Ben Hubbard and his brother Al owned Hubbard's Machine Shop over on Grove street a few blocks away. My Van Norman rod boring machine came out of that shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

I remember it as Vic Hubbards Speed Shop on Meekland Ave, Hayward. Got all of my speed stuff there in the 1950's. Spent a lot of time and $$ there. Had a machine shop attached. Main counter operator was Jerry Light, Hubbard ran the machine shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Hi John- Vic Hubbards is still in Hayward but now over on A street. The machine shop moved with the parts store and is run now by a family member of a long time local antique car family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 12:21 am:

Vic Hubbard part store on A St. closed about three years ago.
It reopened in 2015 with new owners but closed after a few weeks. It has been closed for good since the spring of 2015.
The machine shop on Meekland is going strong.
I get all my cylinder boring, head planing and hard seats for modeL T, model A and MG engines done there.
Also parts cleaning and bead blasting. They rebuild rods and do excellent valve work.
The owner and his father are model T owners.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration