Old Photo - Wilshire and South Western

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Wilshire and South Western
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Still looks exactly like this today. I swear to God it does !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

This picture was taken a few years later than the other. Probably about 1930 or 1931. Notice the Model A's. This was also taken at a different angle The shadows look to be looking east on Wilshire. That Pelissier Square was on the southeast corner. A large building was built on that site after this picture was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Front, almost center is a '29 Model A Taxicab. This was a special body built just for taxis, very little wood in them, and unlike the fordor sedans, it has the front pillar and exposed gas tank. Regular fordors have a smooth cowl like the 30-31 models. with the gas tank under the cowl metal.
I think there are two known survivors of this unusual body style. One was owned by a private citizen who like to smoke cigars, but his wife hated the smell, so she could ride in back (there is a windowed divider between front and back seats). The other, as I recall was found as a body only stored somewhere. (Barn find).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration