Waiting for spring....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Waiting for spring....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

We received our first snow for this year. Over a month later than normal. Took a few pics of the projects, patiently waiting their turn. Every thing is inside except the TT parts, the frames, and a couple car rear ends. Winter caught me before I got them put up. But they are placed so no water will get in them. Its unusual for my parts stash to get snowed on, as I try to always get everything inside. So I had to get a few pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

-Donnie-
You're not the only member of 'Procrastinators Anonymous'... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Donnie, Is that tank the one Mike Walker had a while ago?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Jerry, No, the tank is a different one. This tank is for a TT, and his tank was the small tank that would work on a car chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Donnie
I know the feeling. It got to blistering 7 degrees today. The good side is when it gets to 30 degrees you can work with no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Thoughtful-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

Dallas, Its supposed to be 7 degrees here tonight. low 30s tomorrow, and in the mid 60s by Tuesday. In Arkansas the weather can change from one extreme to the other in just a day or so. Sometimes hourly ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

I have a rear axle torn down and one to do the same for parts. Running heater in garage with pan of gas is not good. Need it to warm up to continue progress.
Love the garage!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Spring IS on the way. I saw a Robin frozen to the grill of a truck from Utah today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Only 73 days until spring. Then all your winter projects will become spring projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Donnie -- The reason Jerry was asking about the fuel tank is the Museum needs one for a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Donnie, Mike is right. We have a red TT that that is in need of something behind the cab. Making a fuel delivery out of it would be perfect. Is there any way this could find its way to Richmond?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Jerry and Mike. The museum is more than welcome to have the tank. "BUT" it is not a very good tank. The entire bottom is rusted out. It needs quite a bit of repair. A lot of these old tanks had a lot of hard use, and were just patched up and put back to work. So most of them are "rough" at best. The "dog house" is pretty good. There is a little rust thru at the floor, and lower walls, but the "dog house" is actually better than most. The museum is welcome to it free of charge. But I have no way to get it there. If you think you may be interested, Ill take a few pictures for you when the weather clears up ... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Marv,

Waiting until the temperature is above our age may expose some of us to the possibility of heat stroke. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Henry - 'Game time temp' today is forecast for 13 degrees, but to be pushing 40 with 4-6" of snow by mid-week.... Not too worried about a heat stroke - will leave that for 'youse guys'!
Heard about an addition to "Welcome to Wisconsin" slogan - "Come to Wisconsin for the cheese, Stay because your car won't start in the cold!" But, I am very pleased to call this area "Home"...
Jerry - The campaign continues to get your "#64" into the Hall of Fame. And, 'Tanks' for your help with the museum!!
Must be getting 'Punchy' from cabin fever, here????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Donnie, I look forward to seeing some more pictures. It looks very promising. Perhaps we could get some volunteer help to patch it up, sandblasted and painted. Freighter Jim may be able to help get it here. This would be a great project to complete our restored TT! Thanks, Jerry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration