Another Old Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another Old Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Since this seems to be old photo night here on the forum, I submit this old staged photo from Ford. I still love it, even though this place never really existed. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:29 am:

If I was smart enough, I'd like to make this a "screen saver". Computers just never "tripped my trigger". This picture says, "This is who I am".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Assuming you have a Windows machine running Windows 10:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how %20to%20make%20a%20screensaver%20windows%2010

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

John, i have a higher quality full screen 431kb image i could send you if it makes it easier for you to use on your computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:32 am:

Would like to know what that sign in the window says. Seems I can make out Model and T. The car out front is a pre T Ford. Maybe the sign is a teaser for the new car to come?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:43 am:

I'm seeing something like this when I enlarge it.

THE MODEL
T
THE UNIVERSAL
FORD
AVAILABLE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 02:44 am:

The sign in the window reads...See Model T ..The new 1908 Ford Automobile. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 06:48 am:

Thanks John, that seems to make more sense with some eye strain.

But it does bring up a curiosity question,
did Ford advertise the first T as a 1908 model?
The claim of the first ad, page 29 oct 1908, Saturday Evening Post, read in part as,

"This big, room, powerful five-passenger touring car... possesses at least equal valve with any "1909" car announced, and at the same time sells for several hundred dollars less than the lowest of the rest."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:40 am:

On my I-Mac all I have to do is a right-click (in my case a "two finger" click as we actually use the big track-pad) and in the menu that pops up I just click "set as desktop background" and there it is. Love my Mac! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Thanks guys for your help, I know my computer is atleast 10+ years old, I'll give it a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:00 am:

John, will that antique technology function off today's "advanced" power grid?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration