Old Photo -Brass Era - Brand New Garage With No Foundation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo -Brass Era - Brand New Garage With No Foundation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Looks like the garage is built directly on the lawn? Nothing like feeding the termites your new garage! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 09:19 am:

It looks like they didn't want to waste any money on extra studs in the wall either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 09:42 am:

They better keep the doors shut when the wind blows, or it will blow over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Well, it looks like it is built out of red cedar so it wont rot immediately and as a bonus, the car will smell "extra blankets out of the closet" fresh. Nice bump strip- that probably kept the car from creeping forward on cold mornings.
Unfortunately-by the condition of the windshield- it looks like some pigeons have already claimed the rafters as their roost!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:23 am:

A certain hoarder......er, collector that I know found a very similar garage and bought that garage and the contents.

It was on eBay a couple years ago. Not sure if it sold or not. It was quite interesting. A low mileage totally original car and the garage that it lived in. It is at first glance a 1914 T, but after looking at all the particulars it is actually a very late 1914, showing some 1915 features.

The spark plugs have been replaced and a battery horn snuck in there.

(Message edited by royce on January 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Now that's PATINA! Thanks Royce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Those birds targeted my '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

And the bird that bombed that left cowl lamp was solid!! Thanks Royce and Jay; I love pics of barn finds !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Bill: For my horn post, would you mind sharing the shape of your horn bracket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 04:00 am:

Bob Woodburn of Mt. had the Rusk Auto House For
Sale and I think He still has the car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration