Old Photo - Morton & Brett Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Morton & Brett Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:05 am:

Photo taken in Manchester-by-the-sea, Massachusetts-deh ! .... still a
bastion of Swedish Sloyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 02:36 am:

It appears they offered classes for those looking to "come out" as well !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Too cool! I guess the "9" is nailed to the door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:49 am:

This was after the earthquake. The address was 6 before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

That looks like a chick magnet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

What's that little (nickel plated?) part on top of the cowl?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Notice there is no windshield? That's a broom handle laying against the building that I thought was a windshield for a moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

That is the classic drag racing dare look I used to get a stoplights back in the day. I accept the challenge!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Boy, look at that cannon! Too bad we cant have toys like that sold at toy stores anymore! They only allow boring safe toys these days. Sigh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

I wonder if the speedster was built using the Sloyd system?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

That's an accessory fender/cowl light on the cowl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Thanks Ed! Looks to be no bigger than a bicycle light!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Ed,

I have a friend who owns a cannon about that size. Used out west during
the Indian Wars. If memory serves, it is called a "Hotchkiss Gun" (?). BOY ! ...
... does it make some noise and flash/smoke !!! Nothing like the 155's we
used in AFG, but no one within a 5 mile radius will not hear it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

The wheels appear to be Pasco, given the shape of the caps and design in the center of the caps. Great photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Pasco Sloyd invented the wheel. Everyone knows that !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Burger, Uno Cygnaeus would be proud of you !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Fords first use of aluminum bodies, with a head light dimmer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Cool car and he looks like he knows it!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Tight fit. Hardly room to push the pedals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Uno, Pasco, and I all went to different schools together. I owe it all to
Numero Uno !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

I thought maybe that was his Flash Gordon Ray Gun for removing slow vehicles ahead. Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration