Recent Car, Boat, Plane Show I went to

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Recent Car, Boat, Plane Show I went to
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:04 am:

Well I didn't have time to get to see the boats and only the tail end of some of the planes (some nice vintage planes though) but I did get to see a fair number of the cars. This was at a local residential community where once a year they show off some of their "toys." I was not interested in taking pictures of the cars but more the systems to give me speedster ideas. The newer stuff didn't warrent much of a glance. There were a couple Model A's but no Model T's. A handful of early cars, a fair number of 20's and a few 30's. Of course there were the newer cars as well and the token Shelby I'm assuming was the one they used in Gone in 60 Seconds considering the $$$ up there and I doubt anyone would be caught dead driving a fake or replica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them with us. I would love to have seen them in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:27 am:

The copper hood is unique. I wonder how rare it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Clay Green of Pennsylvania, who runs the annual BBC (formerly Brass in Bucks County, now Beautiful Brass Cars) tour, has an '09 Pierce with a copper hood. I believe it was fairly common on early Pierce-Arrows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:51 am:

The "copper hood" looks like a 1909 Pierce that used to reside in Colorado. If it is the same car, it's a tourabut configuration, and a beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

From the sound of it, it may be the same car considering this one was an '09 pierce. I'm assuming by tourabout you are refering to the rear seat configuration I love and plan to copy on my T.

I managed to transfer some more pictures

In case someone needs a ride

Or wants to drive themselves

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Chadwick,
I checked with the owner and it was his 1909 Pierce. I believe it's the big six 48 hp model(?). Beautiful car. We had it and my (former) Ford K touring driving around Hershey together a few years ago. We generates a lot of attention as both are large cars. One of the first Presidential cars was the 1909 Pierce (two cars were "1st", the big and little six). Taft also had an electric his wife used and his own personal White steamer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

When I got there he (I'm assuming we are refering to the same person) was in the car and I asked if I could take pictures mentioning I was building a T. Im sure he thought I was just another lookie loo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

When attending cars shows for the pretentious, you will find no shortage
of graduates of the Douchebag Academy there to let you know your station
in life as the low life that you are.

On the flip side, there are those people with really way-out-there cars that
are very genuine, good folks and onlookers just assume they are like all the
other uppity, high-falootin' show-offs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

I've come across many of the folks you speak of Burger. Never heard any of them refer to anyone as "douchebags". Not sure what that says about them, but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

Burger- you must share with us the terrible experience that you must have had at a car show that has caused you to conclude that all shows are worthless.

I personally have been to many car shows over the last 30 odd years as a participant and as a spectator and have never run into anyone "pretentious" or people from the "Douchebag Academy".

Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but "my station in life" was never told to me at a car show nor have I ever been called a "low life".

I would like to suggest to you that you be cautious in your condemnations of shows as many fine folks on this Forum not only enjoy participating in them they also expend a lot of time and energy to make shows happen.

Of course this is just my opinion as I would not dare to mention anything factual...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration