Model T - Registered Trademark

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T - Registered Trademark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

FMC apparently have filed an application for "Model T" as trademark.
90 years after the production stopped!
http://fordauthority.com/2017/01/ford-model-t-trademark-application-hints-at-fut ure-car/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

What? and not PINTO??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Will the new T be related to the old one in the same way that the new Beetle is related to the original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

I bet they did it so Tesla can't call a car a Model T. What else would follow up their Model S?

The Tesla Model 3 was originally supposed to be called the Model E but apparently Ford owned the rights to the name due to their E-series trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

Yes, I am with Tim here. It's not because they want to issue a new Model T, but toi prevent others to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Others have already used it.
Mitchell
Pope-Hartford
Case
Cadillac
Richmond
Regal
Grant
Interstate
REO
Gardner
Halliday
And who knows how many more.
Does Series T count?
That would include Chevrolet and others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Looks like we will all be driving T models in future. Corporate madness.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

They can't build another Model T. Where would they find "the best materials and the best men to be hired"? That said, I want one.......in black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Audi has been making new TT's for a dozen years now !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

How can they trademark something that has been in the public domain for decades?
Think I should apply to trademark "Wheelbarrow" so I can cash in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Think bigger David, trademark "phone" and REALLY cash out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:11 am:

It's all about the money. Not money to be earned, but rather money to be taken.

Someone actually tried, unsuccessfully, to patent the Comb-Over.

And someone else was having a go at selling an "Organic, All Natural Hiking and Walking Balance Aid".

It was a Stick. A STICK!

Simple greed will always be present.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Bill,
Don't forget the Pet Rock craze!
Tim, GREAT idea!! You don't think it's too phoney do you?
:-)
I'm here all week folks! Hey, who brought in the over-ripe tomatoes????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:25 am:

I guess more importantly, what would it mean for the MTFCA and subsidiary chapters?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, south of the border on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:59 am:

It's good business for Ford to do this. Pep Boys trademarked Futura in the nineties and stopped Ford from using it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Imagine how hard it will be when you do a search on the internet for "our" T. Kind of like when you go on eBay and search model T Ford and have to go through pages of plastic wheel spinners and hot rod crap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Ford should bring out a new updated Model T. Looking at the Italian firm of FIAT (circa 1899), it introduced the Fiat 500 in 1936. Continued versions produced even now. All were improved to met modern taste. Ford (circa 1903) constructed the Model T from 1908 to 1927, keeping the basic design to met the company's owner's taste for a light (universal) cycle car.

But Ford dropped the model designation to move on for a new design the Model A.

I own both, I have to say for a small car the FIAT is a delight, as is the Model T.

So if Ford does build a new Model T let it be as delightful as the FIAT 500.

For the pundits
- Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily.
- FIAT - Fix It Again Tony.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Hi George,
The real pundits know the following:

FORD - First On Race Day

FIAT - Fires In All Temperatures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Now correct me if I'm wrong ....

Didn't Mr Ford refuse to pay the patent on the automobile when he built the Model T? Seems ironic that the company now wants to trademark the very name of the car that they refused to pay the patent price on when building it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Chevrolet had a "Model T".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration