Winfield Model M 201-C

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Winfield Model M 201-C
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim mccathren on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

I'm trying to fire up a car and need needle settings for Winfield Model M 201-C. Does anyone know the settings or have one they wouldn't mind checking? All I have is a hand written note that says 19 clicks on high, 2 clicks on low, and 12 clicks on the intermediate needle. I have spark but no bang. slight smell of fresh gas in the end of the exhaust pipes and a few drops of gas drip out of the carb when I quit cranking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Maybe check your spark and timing. If you can smell gas out the exhaust sounds like you are getting fuel or have flooded it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/134898.html?1271121154

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Remember the idle adjustment is an air bleed- clockwise will add more fuel- exactly backwards of a conventional needle valve.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration