1921 California auto registrations with serial numbers!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1921 California auto registrations with serial numbers!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Got a car from California? Look here....https://www.accessgenealogy.com/california/1921-california-automobile-registrati ons.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:48 am:

-Gary-
Very interesting! Noticed the listing of other States and years. Tried substituting 'Wisconsin' in place of 'California' without any luck. Are you able to tell us 'where' you found the link? Thanks!
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 04:03 am:

Marv I do genealogy research as a hobby and stumbled across this website. I realized that car registrations were included in the California records. Names, addresses and vehicle serial numbers and make are included. I would think a California-verified vehicle registered in 1921 would be in these listings, findable by the factory serial or engine number. The other State's records might have vehicles, might not. I believe I was looking thru RootsWeb sites and came on it. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gift on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 04:31 am:

Looks very interesting, where is this link.

http://amzn.to/2ilRLwg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Michael Gift is spammer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Gary,

He has showed up in several links hawking his wares and should be ban from posting that crap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

Interesting enough that I'll search further!
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Dang Gary, I don't know if I should thank you or run from this whole thing. Once I started looking at the 1921 registration data I couldn't stop.

I grew up in Santa Clara County, number 43 in the lists. Scanning the county number column led me to find Registration 4844, Rampone, R. In 1921 he drove a 1920 Moon.

What's interesting about this (at least to me) is that R. Rampone was a very close friend of my paternal grandfather. My dad and Rampone's son were raised together. They (my dad, my grandparents and the Rampone's) all traveled to Italy together in 1922. What I didn't know until now is that Rampone drove a 1920 Moon. At that time my grandfather drove a 1919 Moon. I'd bet anything my grandfather influenced him to buy that car. Both were touring cars, and very impressive.

Anyway, another piece of our family history. Now back to the list......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 05:49 am:

Henry glad to hear you've connected to folks on the list. By the way there are 425,000 names and vehicle serial numbers in these lists for this year. If a friend or family member in 1921 California had a car registered, it should be on this list! The list popped up when I was hunting for a listing of California orphanages, I guess because of the names listed, a researcher in the past saved them. Gary

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration