The loss of another great Model T 'r

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The loss of another great Model T 'r
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

It's with great sorrow, I must give notice of the loss of Jim Moore Jr. of Omaha, Ne. This man gave his time and parts to help new members of the Model T world, so as to bring their dreams to life. He personally helped me bring my 1927 coupe back to the road and he never asked for a dime, just my friendship.
We , as lovers of Model T's, have ALL lost a friend.

Rest In Peace, my friend.

Jim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:15 am:

My condolences to the family and to you for the loss of your friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:34 am:

George, I'm sorry to hear of Jim's passing. Prayers and condolences for you, his family and many other friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Condolences

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Our condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:13 am:

George, you're right. Sorry to hear of a loss of a good friend both personally and to the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Y'know, as I read this I'm saddened for two reasons. The loss of a great Model T'er Jim Moore Jr. and the fact that he was never, to my knowledge nominated for the MTFCA Walter Rosenthal Award.

I'm bringing this up because after someone passes, that has been such an asset to our great hobby, it's too late.

Most of us know of someone, as I've seen many comments on this forum about "So & So is a great guy" etc. If you feel that they really are a great person for the right reasons, let them know while they're alive. Give them the highest recognition and let them revel in the limelight (and be embarrassed for sure, in a good way) with the ultimate honor.

Nominate them for the Walter Rosenthal Award. It only takes a few spare moments to jot stuff down and tell the rest of the world how great they are. Then send it off to Rosenthal Award Committee c/o MTFCA P.O. Box 996 Richmond IN 47375-0996. You'll be thankful the rest of your life.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Ed, if I had known about the Walter Rosenthal Award ( I'm a newbie to the Model T family ) I would have done this for Jim.
I hope my small post on the forum will encourage others to nominate that hard working Model T leader, teacher. Do it before it's to late.

George Schmidt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

So sorry for the loss of your friend and Model T lover.
Remember him in your hearts and minds. Then he will live on forever
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 04:51 am:

George, please accept my apology, I didn't mean to slight you in any way, i was just using your post to as you said "encourage others" to acknowledge good people, as we have so many that will never know how much they were appreciated.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Ed, I never took your post wrong. We as friends in a great hobby, need a way to acknowledge good people. And I'm thank full you gave us the direction to do just that.

George Schmidt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration