How's this for rust removal on your T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How's this for rust removal on your T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:34 am:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=32d_1483964694

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Looks fantastic.

I wonder how long until Harbor Freight has one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:51 am:

That would save hours of work likely with a better
job unless there is a hidden draw back----like cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:55 am:

You can have one in your toolbox for only 53,000 dollars....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/videos/a30597/best-rust-remover-laser/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Works great on the surface rust the forms after a few days. But if I had used that on my old Jeep, I wouldn't have had a vehicle when all was said and done. Somehow though, I doubt this does much on the heavy flaky rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Looks like a "cool" idea to me. As long as it's in RESPONSIBLE HANDS. I can just imagine the damage & injury that some of today's morons could inflict on others with this tool in their hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Agree Tim!---my methods will stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Tim,

The line of "Hold my beer and watch this"
comes to mind.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Erbach on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:01 am:

What is the difference between rust and patina? I like patina.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:18 am:

What is the difference between rust and patina?

Simple....
Rust detracts from the value of an antique and patina adds value to the price.

Or, as the pickers say, "rusty gold".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Rust:

Patina:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Rust:

No patina (huge mistake that I will never, ever make again):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:59 am:

I wonder if it could cause a fire on greasy surfaces or on metal overlaying wood? Looks like a quick way to do it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:03 am:

I wonder if I could remove fleas from my dog with that?

I bet I'd only have to use it once on him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:07 am:

"What is the difference between rust and patina?

Simple....
Rust detracts from the value of an antique and patina adds value to the price.

=====================================

There is more to "value" than dollars. I'll take patina
any day over some over-polished shiny example. The
patinaed example has character that the shiny one does
not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:25 am:

What's the difference between rust and patina ?

Rust is what's on your car..........Patina is what's on my car.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:38 am:

The buyer says rust,the seller says patina

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

I like the painted version best.Guess it is a matter of pride..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

-Jack-
It's referenced as 'self-reflection'.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration