Makin' Progress...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Makin' Progress...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Pulled this out of a barn in February of last year.

This is where I'm at currently- runs real good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

Wish I could make such progress. Nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Lookin' good Tim, keep us posted! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Looks great Tim. Fun stuff...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Very cool!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Great thing about Model T's is that a guy can restore one without a lot of sophisticated shop equipment and lifting devices.

Great pics and a very nice job going on there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:02 am:

For your viewing pleasure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Had to remove a lot of rot from the lower portion of the passenger side body panel and weld in a sacrificial piece...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Just received the upholstery kit. Now I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Is that a 48 Ford Sedan you have in your Garage? Looks neat with the fender skirts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

46- flathead with duals that sound like a million dollars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

In '46, when the auto makers began to make cars again, everybody needed one. Folks were driving rattle traps with leather under the rod caps and 50 weight in the oil pan. But the new cars were in such short supply that you almost had to be the dealer's brother in law to get one. To pad their profits, the dealers loaded up the cars with dealer installed accessories which you had to accept. Fender skirts and sun visors were on all the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Somewhat true Lester.
Our local Ford dealer did not add anything. My Dad bought a new '46 Ford on my 10th birthday.
He ordered a fordor, a coupe sedan came in its place.
It was take it or wait some more.
We took it. It had a radio.
The local chevrolet/Buick dealer put dual spot lights, fender skirts, a radio, fog lights and mud flaps on every car they sold.
A lot.of GM people bought Fords that year. And pontiacs & plymouths.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 01:09 am:

My Father in law wanted a pickup in '46, He had a 39 or 40 sedan (I forget, and no one is around to re-tell the story) and was able to trade straight across, as folks wanted cars and used cars were not price controlled like the new ones were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 10:19 am:

In 46 all makes were warmed over 42s. Studebaker was the first to have an all new post war car.

...replacing rotten wood.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration