Bib overalls

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bib overalls
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

I have a friend willing to bring back some US made bibs for me. Which brands are US made, other than
Roundhouse, Pointer and Big Smith. I have some Mexican made Dickies. Carrhart are listed as imported. What others are there?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Get then a size or to bigger then your pants

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

I wear bibs everyday, carhartts only for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Have KEY, that I like, Don't know where they're made though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:26 am:

Thanks Bob, the websites too suggest a size bigger. My Dickies are 40" waist, 30" inleg. I am a 38", trying to get down to 36 after Christmas.

Mike, I would like to buy American if I can. Not much point in wearing imitations. I had a real problem buying an American made leather belt when visiting the stockyards complex in Fort Worth. Thousands of nice belts, a couple of hundred US made. That was in 2010. It will no doubt be harder now. Again, not much value in buying a foreign made souvenir of a wonderful trip to the USA.

Allan from down under, land of the original Ugg boots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:38 am:

Steve Jelf will be chiming in here shortly I'm sure. He gets his from down in Okie country and USA made. Hopefully he'll share a link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:08 am:

The ones I use are imported from Okieland.

http://www.round-house.com/collections/round-house-made-in-usa-bib-overalls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:54 am:

Thanks, Steve. I think I'm gonna try those. I have a really old pair of Liberty, that MAY have been made in the US, but they are getting in bad shape and they also have seemed to shrink a lot in the last few years. My other pair is KEY. I like they way they are made and how they fit, but while I haven't looked, I seriously doubt they are made in the US. The prices on the web site you posted are certainly reasonable and I like to buy American when I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Rural King has the best price, $19 from IL. Do not know where they are actually made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Steve, I found the Roundhouse website, went through the motions of ordering some on line, only to find they will not ship to Australia. {like some forum classified vendors} Go figure! They do sell into Europe though, and I can get them from there, at greatly increased cost.

Perhaps they will ship to my friend's motel in Ca. I am waiting for a response from the motel before I place an order.

You may be interested in shipping costs, from $19.50 to $53, depending on the shipper. Hence the attempt to have them brought home in my mate's luggage.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:22 am:

If you carry a watch the Round House have a side pocket in the bib so your chain is not piled up on your watch! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:39 am:

I suspect they would ship to a motel. If not, perhaps there is a forum member living close to the motel? If so, a back up plan might be to have them shipped to the member, and the member get them to your friend? Let the forum know where the motel is located, if you wish to pursue further.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Indian Rocks, FL on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Hal,

Liberty are nice, and I can remark especially nice for a guy with a pot belly bigger than his butt...they hold up well, haven't shrunk, tougher than nails, slow to fade to the stone-wash look...however...the tag on the last batch I bought does say 'Fabrique en Vietnam" and for that reason alone I moved my buying over to Roundhouse a year or so ago.

For me, the Roundhouse are a little snug in the waist, (not meant for fat guys??) even moving up a size on my normal pant size, but not snug enough for me to go up an extra extra size.

(Message edited by george_nj on January 10, 2017)

(Message edited by george_nj on January 10, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:52 am:

>>>The ones I use are imported from Okieland.<<<

Hey Steve - I just ordered mine in suede. Looks like everything is on sale.

http://www.round-house.com/products/83-round-house-made-in-usa-heavy-duty-brown- duck-bib-overalls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:17 am:

I wear bibs every day, don't even own a pair of pants. I wear Liberty because of the bib design. There is a button snap pocket I put my wallet in. Behind that a zipper pouch perfect for a phone so you don't lose it or get it banged up. Also anything you don't want to lose you can zip up in there. Last ones I bought were made in Vietnam. I try to get them on eBay, wait and watch and good deals come up. About 6 or 7 years ago I bought 5 pair for $100 with free shipping. Those 5 were made in Russia. I've never bought anything I can remember with a made in Russia tag. I've had Round House, Carharrt, Key, Big Smith etc. but if you bend over stuff can fall out. Only way my stuff spills is if I forget to zip the pouch. Side pockets are deep so if you lay down to get under a car all the stuff doesn't fall out. Don't get the stone washed, they are half worn out when you buy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Do they come with a tape measure ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Just recently, I saw a pair that is Calvin Klein!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Thank you Steve, for sharing the http://www.round-house.com/collections/round-house-made-in-usa-bib-overalls web site. I just ordered a pair of Round House Vintage Made in USA Hickory Stripe Bib Overalls are the stylish uptown overall made famous by the American railroad engineer. Form meets function with this eye-catching pattern and its durable Round House American Made construction.

Happy motoring,

Warren

when comfort is more important then style

Mark Twain House & museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:00 am:

I wear Big Smith and like them a lot. I tried some Round House and Carhartts in the same size but had to return them, too small. The Round House needed to be a size bigger, and the Carhartts at least two sizes. The Big Smith in a size 48 fit my fat belly just fine, and I refuse to go to a 50. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Warren, what house is that? It looks similar to the Mark Twain house in Hartford, CT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

I checked Steve's posted Roundhouse link, and checked on their overall size chart. Dickies, Carhartt, Berne, Big Smith, Key and Liberty are all listed as imports. Looks like it's Round house or Pointer for US made.

What really gets on my goat is the imports are not appreciably cheaper than the locally made product. If that's the case, why go off-shore? Unless there is a gouging profit being made! The local RM Williams brand of outback clothing has gone the same way, to China and Fiji. About the only thing they still make is their excellent boots, but since the company has been purchased by one of the Louis Viton international fashion brand the prices have gone skywards.

Wayne, using the Roundhouse on-line order form I could get through the hoops to have the purchase made. I am waiting to hear from the motel whether they will hold/accept the package for their guest. I am not expecting it to be a problem.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Yoder's in Indiana says that most of their apparel is made in the US.
Here is their web site on bib overalls
http://www.yoderdepartmentstore.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=44

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Allan, I get my overalls at a Wal-Mart store. Check the Wal-Mart website and see if they sell Roundhouse online, and whether thy will ship down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Allan You may want to check with Steve about acquiring a tape measure. A tape measure is required if you wear "BIB'S!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:30 am:

These are not bibs but this is one of the most successful companies in Montana in recent years. They make clothing for working women. EVERY pair is made in the tiny town of White Sulphur Springs, Montana USA. They will ship world wide. Might want to get your sweetie a pair that fits and looks good. I have never heard one complaint about the product, the company or the service.

http://redantspants.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:34 am:

This is even further off topic but a gorgeous friend of mine - just turned 25 - who sells jewelry during the day, plays country music in a bar band on the weekends and spends nights and weekends welding in her dad's shop on anything you need fixed swears by Red Ants Pants. Boy Howdy, does she look good in them. I won't post a picture but she is 25, 5' 4 and beautiful. At one time they had a picture of her on the Red Ants site, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:40 am:

https://www.facebook.com/redantspants/

Note: They also make beautiful old fashioned aprons. Valentines is coming -- as is Mother's Day.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration