Model T Catalog?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Catalog?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie Peterson on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I have what appears to be a Model T Catalog. It is approximately 3"x6", 24 pages, and shows pictures of Model Ts and parts, lists specifications and prices. The inside title page says "First Edition, 1911". Can anyone tell me if this is authentic and if it has any value (there is what appears to be a small coffee stain on the cover, but other than that, it's in good condition.) I tried uploading a pdf of the front cover and title page, but it wouldn't let me. If anyone's curious about it, let me know and maybe we can figure out how to get images uploaded. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:10 am:

We need to see the pictures. So many of these publications have been re-printed over the years and no one knows everything. The originals were very high quality printing. Most reproductions are not as good. A printing expert can look at one and tell you if it is the right colors, right kind of ink, or if it is a time period correct die cut on the edges.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Joanie, pictures on this forum need to have their file size reduced to under 250K per picture to post successfully. If you have a Windows machine, you can use Paint to resize them:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie Peterson on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Thanks, Rick and Mark. Mark, I've got a Mac and will work on figuring out the resizing today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Steve Jelf has a Mac; here is a link to an older thread where Steve describes how he adjusts picture file size:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/691594.html?1478616478

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Joanie:

You'll need to export the PDF to a JPEG via "Preview." Very easy to do on a Mac - I've done it many times.

In "Finder" highlight the PDF file, then click "Open With" and select "Preview."

Once it opens in "Preview" then click "Export" and when the window opens, drop down and click "JPEG" for the format and then "Save."

http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/13/convert-a-pdf-to-jpg-with-preview-in-mac-os-x/

Once you have saved the JPEG you can change the size in "Preview." Open the JPEG in "Preview," then click "Tools" and then "Adjust Size." Just decrease the height if needed (the width will change proportionately) until the size is less than 250KB. Then save the JPEG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie Peterson on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Thanks for the help, all. Here are the attachments: Front cover and title page. I realize now that there's probably no way to tell if it's an original without finding a local print expert, but I appreciate any and all comments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Looks good to me. I don't think a reproduction would have the embossing on the front cover. However, I'm just a collector and don't profess to being an expert. Maybe someone else can give an opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:22 am:

when did the practice of backing into a parking place begin? as most of the old autos seem to do. i wonder what is the reasoning behind this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:27 am:

when did the practice of backing into a parking place begin? as most of the old autos seem to do. i wonder what the reasoning for this is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 11:37 am:

it began when drivers found that you can't get into a small space between a car in front and a car behind if you drive in forwards.....

Or do you mean into car park spaces where vehicles park alongside each other? A similar thing applies there if the aisle in front of the cars is narrow (as it usually is in Europe). Much easier to back in so the front swings round. And even easier to get out. If you drive in forwards, you can't apply enough 'lock' to turn when reversing out without the front fender hitting an adjacent car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration