26 gas tank Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 gas tank Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

I have a 26-7 gas tank that is missing this --see [pic.]
for what model? my car is a coupe 26
thank u lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Lorenzo, does you gas tank have the X bead in the ends of the tank ? Can you post a pic of your gas tank. You may have a early 26 tank. Thanks ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

What's that crease even for? Speedometer cable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Mixture/choke combo rod, I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

To clear the mixture rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Since there is a dent for the steering column, does that mean the gas tanks for right drive cars are different?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

Steve is correct. Its for the carb adjust rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

How the heck are you, Erich ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

That other "dent" is for one's foot to clear while you're on the low pedal, if I remember correctly but that's also iffy !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Steve, You are correct. The 26-27 roadster has the same indentation for foot clearance. In a roadster you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Mine both have the indention on my 26-7 roadsters. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

The very early 1926 gas tanks do not have the indent for the mixture rod or a X-bead in the small end of the gas tank. There is a X-bead in the large end. The lack of mixing rod indent was either a "design flaw" that created a "rattle" or wear to the bottom of the tank. Or possibly the mixing rod indent was added for the Vaporizer carb mixing rod setup. The very early 26 models still used a NH carb. I have not really studied the carbs and mixing rod differences yet in the Improved Model studies. Maybe it is time to address them ... I do not have a date of change yet as to the gas tank indents, but it was more than likely one more of the many changes made during the calendar year 1925, between August 1925 till December 1925. Here is a pic of a early tank with no mixing rod indent, or X-bead in the small end of tank .... have fun and be safe Donnie Brown ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration