New front axle parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New front axle parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

I have two sets so I'm covered for my speedster and my TT. Looking to possibly reproduce this setup. the picture is of Vern Shirks 14' from a forum post
in 2010: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/154101.html?1281434097

How much interest is there? To be able to make it worth my time my guess is at least 18 sets. the part back on the rear of the rod that bolts to the frame is the one with the biggest cost as it is the largest and would be made as a Left or Right. The other castings can be flipped so not as big a deal and they are smaller. My guess I would have prices by the time Richmond comes up, if some real interest here I might be able to by Chickasa. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

I already have a set for all of my T's. They are nice accessories in my opinion. They don't work with a dropped (bent) axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Jerome, I have that set-up on my speedster project. The are "common sense" brand. I would be interested in at least a pair of the rear brackets. Mine have been welded, and I would like to replace them. I believe they would be a popular item. I have had a lot of interest in my setup. They also will still allow the use of the Ford wishbone in conjunction with the "common sense" style, if a person wanted to use both. Thanks for considering making them ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Wow Jerry! You already worked up a flyer? And only $8.50? I'd buy a set! :-)

Seriously though, I like the idea and hope you make them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Like Donnie, I might be interested in some parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 03:06 am:

Just thinking...wouldn't this item have a negative effect on the front suspension (front spring) and restrict the wishbone ball being able to swivel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Constantine,
There is a ball type connection where the main rod connects to the frame bracket. It allows the assembly to move in any direction several degrees. That connection also has a coil spring in it.
Verne Shirk

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration