OT-Should I start thinking about a book?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-Should I start thinking about a book?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, south of the border on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Today I walked into the lobby past this neat old Ford.

I'm taking the existence of this vehicle as proof that black tires and demountable rims existed much earlier than we've all been taught. I also noticed a timer elevator on the drivers side.

Later some people interrupted my meeting to give me a cake. Notice they picked my Spanish name El Guapo for the note instead of my wife's suggestion El Gordo.

Now that this day is over, I remembered that I hail from the same building as C.E. Sorensen and he wrote his book after 40 years. Maybe it's time to start collecting all my stories and photos.

This had to be my best anniversary ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mundinho Falcao on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Congratulations Tom!

Where are you in these photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Tom,

Jay Klehfoth worked for Ford Motor Co. for many years.

He visited Mexico regarding labor issues many years ago.

Perhaps you two could collaborate .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Tom, very nice. Enjoy your stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:37 am:

Tom, That's not Bill Fords # 32 Model A, is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 05:06 am:

Greetings Tom. Congratulations on 40 years of service to the blue oval!It was a pleasure to have you ride in my 1916 T when you were in my neighbourhood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Congrats Tom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, south of the border on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Thanks All of you for your kind words. I have internet and a few minutes so I'll answer questions.

Location: It's best not to be specific at this time. My hotel is nice but I have a heck of a time getting reliable internet and phone. I am lecturing and teaching my colleagues.

The Car: A 1903 Ford restored by the employees. It's pretty, it's not perfect, and they have a ball driving it and displaying it in parades. One thing that's missing is the door on the tonneau. It's not Mr. Ford's #32.

Warwick, I remember your car, your family, your hospitality well. Remember our cars are twins separated at birth. Yours has the neat Australian cowl vents whereas I drive around with my shoe soles on the verge of melting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Congratulations Tom!

Dad had almost 38 years with Ford Tractor. Hope one day you can be retired as long as you've worked!

Have a safe trip back from "Fordlandia".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration