Transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Is there a way to hold the left pedal down, other than your foot, when going up a long hill? Is there a clasp or device?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

No, You could purchase an under drive, like a Ruckstell, or Warford then drive in High gear up the long hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

There is a post about a "kumfort klutch" in the 2011 forum. I don't know how to put a link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I looked it up, it was posted by Jay in northern California in 2011. It is called a Kum-Ford Klutch, it was designed by Edgar S Engle Pat 1920 issued in 1923. It is a very elaborate looking device. I don't know how to repost it. Maybe Jay could repost it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Thanks for the tip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/182868.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Outrageous price of $3.50. Thanks for transferring the post Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

You can adjust the bands loose and let the pedal cam come out of the one in the hog's head, but you'll have to reach down and pull it back up with your hand when you want to stop.:-)

I'M KIDDING! I'M KIDDING! DON'T DO THIS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Another low band accessory was called "Hold-n-Low" which was also a ratchet arrangement that locked the low pedal down until depressed farther to release - I have most of it around here somewhere !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

It would scare me if it locked down. Then you might not be able to make a quick stop unless something connected to the brake pedal unlocked it.

I think you could improvise some type of hand operated lever which would push the pedal down when operated by hand. However it might get in the way when you want to use high.

I have Ruckstell in all my cars and it will climb almost any hill in Ruckstell. I wouldn't try to climb any hill which would need a gear lower than Ruckstell in a car with the gas tank under the seat. I have a hill near here which I can climb in the 26 using Ruckstell and Ford low. I wouldn't attempt that hill in an earlier T. I would need reverse in the earlier cars. I am not good at backing up and especially if other cars were coming.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration