Polar Bear T Pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Polar Bear T Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

The sun came out and it warmed up to 17* today so I got the Roadster out. Wake them old bears up and post your Polar Bear T pics!

Looking north to Government Mountain

Looking south toward the Bitterroot Range

Coffee break, highly important!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

It is -2 here right now and I have more snow than that in my yard!!!!!!!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Stan, now I'm sure you will want to get in on this with -2*. Did I mention a bathing suit is required?
Knit cap and gloves are optional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Where's the bears? I hope you're not talking about the naked guys running through the woods.

I wonder how many went back to look. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Really, REALLY nice pictures Pat! Sure makes that burgundy colored roadster look good,..... especially the amethyst colored headlight lenses! Makes me miss the Montana we had to move away from 36 years ago! Altho' I gotta' admit, I can get enough snow in just a few day or so,..... I don't need it around for 9 months! Thanks again for the nice post,.... harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

What makes it nice for guys in Montana is, I never see the roads plastered with salt like they do here. Therefore it makes it a bit more inviting to get the ol' buggy out for a crisp winters drive. The idiots around here put down more salt than there is snow on the roads. It lays on the asphalt for weeks at a time, and then if there's a forecast for a piddly half inch of snow they go out and either put another thick layer down or pre-brine it. Ridiculous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Stephen, is that a picture you posted? It looks just like the snow storm we had a couple days ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:10 am:

Yesterday it was MINUS 80 in parts of Siberia.
That's -80 F.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Great photos Pat, thanks for sharing. Back in the '70s & 80s I loved traveling through Montana and thought that I would retire there some day.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Aron, I think even OIL would freeze there!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Got the Tudor out today. It was up to 37*! Like So. Cal. weather. The wife and I got our favorite critters out for a run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Wonderful photos. Very cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

It was minus 59 near Fairbanks Alaska this week. No cars would start, if they did, the tires deflated from the air shrinking so much and the tires had flat spots on them that would take forever to pop out. I remember many years ago my sister who was up there with her husband in the Army wrote to say it "warmed up" to 20 below so she opened the window in the bedroom to air it out!! Good grief!

Nice pics Pat. Sharp car. Like I've said before, you can get the car out when it's "just" snow pack on the road, as opposed to our half inch thick coat of salt! We've had over 2" of rain here the last week and the roads are still white with salt residue!

Suppose the horse is thinking..."Good grief, not ANOTHER one"? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I know what you mean Tim. We don't get nearly that cold here. Coldest I've seen is -32*. I start a tractor twice a day to feed cows and when it's below zero, the hydraulics are very unhappy.

That old horse snorted and blew until he decided it wasn't a horse eating T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:03 am:

THAT"S not a Polar bear THAT"S a horse! Polar bears are WHITE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:51 am:

That old horse must think they are green the way he came up on that T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration