Swap meet Charlotte NC area this weekend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Swap meet Charlotte NC area this weekend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 05:40 pm:

Tom Mack Auctions has an auction/swap meet on Jan
13 & 14 in Concord NC. It will be held at the Cabarrus County Arena & Events Center on Highway 49. Concord is where The Charlotte Motor Speedway is located. The location is new , but the event has been going on for 30+ years. Anybody on here planning to attend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

I hear crickets chirping . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Well If you want model T parts,not the place.
The only model T part I found was half a intake manifold at the Cobra torch vendor site.

Now there was tools and such there,and if you are into later model stuff,you might make connections on parts you need.
Nice facility, should be our tax money built it.
I bought a reprint of a 1947 Pontiac owner manual for my car and some flap disc and safety glasses.Saw a few cars I wanted but couldn't afford. And some stuff that was just flat out overpriced. A 62 Ford unibody pickup,2800 bucks.Yes, it ran, but dang,I think you would have to have someone lift up on the bottom of the cab so you could shut the door when you got in it. Grind out the filler and the rust, you might have a pattern left to make a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

In years past I've found that some sellers are there on Saturday but not on Friday. The vendors are usually there both days , but some of the average Joes can't be there on Friday. Some of us have to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

I went. I saw some T parts, bought one coil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 07:48 am:

If you live in the mid atlantic area I have found a swap meet in Luray Va.I enjoyed it and bought several model T parts. It is all T stuff. Last year it was held in May. I haven't seen anything about it for 2017 . Tom if they have it maybe we could get together and go.I found more T parts and not near so much walking, or shiney rod gizmos as Hershey. Last year the weather was perfect.Lenney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Sounds good Lenney.
Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 09:46 am:

I will admit being it is close to home I will go back next year. It takes time for something like that to take hold once it gets moved from 1 location to another.
I thought I covered it purty good but apparently I missed something somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Yes the Mid Atlantic Pre Ware Swap Meet is held in May.
The Dates are May 18,19,20 at the VFW Post Luray VA. We will have many T Vendors again this year so please plan on attending. website mapwsm.com .
Also like us on Facebook

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Another good thing about Luray is with it ending on the 20th, a Sat. there is another pre war swap meet Sunday in Pa. I plan to go to both this year. See yous guys there. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

I have had very little luck there but there is a few model a parts. Most of the T parts were very rough. I have bought a few good parts at the commerce drag strip swap on the first Saturday of every month. I bought a great old T exhaust nut wrench for $8.00 last time. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration