Couple of questions about '13s vs '14s runabouts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Couple of questions about '13s vs '14s runabouts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

I believe I read the 'standard' color in '13 was a dark blue (w/black fenders??). Is this correct, or was black an option? Or did they just start painting them all black later in '13? If that is the case, then I assume the '14 runabouts were suppose to be all black?

I'm also curious, and I understand there are plenty of factors involved, but what kind of prices would one expect on a decent mostly original '13 runabout vs a '14 these days? I'm curious how big of a difference the year makes on the price.

If you happen to own either a '13 or '14 runabout and care to show off, I'd love it if you want to add it to this thread :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Here's mine. Looks good from a distance but it is a driver that gets rode hard and put away wet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

Rick, I'm not as expert on '13s as say, Larry Smith, so maybe he'll chime in soon. But from what I've read, and read again, for the most part, per the encyclopedia "all" cars were painted the dark, all but black, blue. Supposedly, and here's where it comes to opinions, 13s weren't painted black until almost the very end of production. However, there's a forum member who has a "front half" '13 I believe that IS originally black..so go figure. Supposedly all '14s were black, but not long ago I read somewhere that even a few of the earliest of '14s were indeed dark blue.

Price of a good '13 runabout vs. a '14 would be the same, at least per Old Car Reports price guide. A range of around $14K-$20K, lots of factors in play there. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Rick, I almost forgot, Rich Bingham recently acquired a nice '13 runabout. Hopefully he'll post in here too, or you can find him on other posts and PM him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

The Coil Doctor Brent Mize has a dark blue 13 i think? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

My '14 touring and runabout are black with very, very dark blue wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

I built mine from parts. Still not finished as you can see. The sheet metal is all 1914 except the rear body panel and heel panel (new) and the rear fenders are 13. It's mostly correct. It has a later steering column and the front hubs are later, minor things easily changed. I painted it blue, probably not dark enough but if it's supposed to be black then it's wrong anyway. I like the blue so it's blue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Mine is a Canadian 14. They still came blue in Canada then. This blue is probably a little lighter than factory but looks pretty good.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Anyone else care to weight in on the proper colors and when the change took place in '13 - '14?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration