Assumed it was Ford, but NO. Anybody recognize it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Assumed it was Ford, but NO. Anybody recognize it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Mike Bender was looking for just the right part for a project he's working on, so on my last trip down to Tulsa I took along a pile of differentials for him to go through and maybe find what he needs. I just tossed nine or ten of them in the Suburban without looking closely at any of them. When we were unloading them yesterday, Mike noticed this one. At first I thought it might be Ford of pre-T vintage, but the way it's made suggests otherwise. Maybe somebody familiar with early cars can tell us what it is.

Does the 06 painted on the side tell us the year?

The ring gear being riveted suggests non-Ford to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Hi Steve. Its NRS Ford. They had a riveted ring gear.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Steve,

Yes, agree with Andrew, it's for an NRS car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Very good. My knowledge of the early cars is approximately nil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Might be early T too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Steve,

Does this say "06"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Steve, interested in selling or trading for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

MY 09 no rivet rear axle assembly has the ring gear riveted on like that one. The pinion gear is also riveted to the drive shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

In the bottom picture, the right side of the case appears to still have the big fibre washer that goes between the axle gear and the case there.Steve,is it there,or is it my imagination?I know someone that needs one for a pattern.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration