Old Photo-The women ARE the attendants!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo-The women ARE the attendants!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Women are the attendants

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

1937-'38 Willys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Maybe during WW2?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

No question. WW II

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Sure it's WWII. Look at the top. They're "Victory Girls"! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

This was followed by the "bikini car wash".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Women of that era did most everything. My Mom drove a Caterpiller tractor during WWII. She once told me that I was never bothered by the noise of the tractor, as I would sleep peacefully in her lap while she drove.

Unfortunately, Mom was quite hard of hearing by middle age. And now I'm hard of hearing also. Gee, I wonder why ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

My aunt welded on Liberty ships while her brothers went away to the war. 20 some odd years later my Dad called her to do some welding on a project for the church camp. A little bit of practice and she was back at it. She graduated from college shortly after the war and went on to teach Chemistry and Physics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Mom helped build B-24s at Willow Run.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration