Windshield seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Is there a seal between the windshield and stanchion on a 23 touring? If so how far down does it go? Is there a seal under the lower
WS frame and the cowl?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Yes the seal goes in the top part of the post just to the start of the bottom half of the windshield. the vendors sell a seal for the top of the cowl, but it would not work for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 08:43 am:

THANKS, That is what I needed to know. My car had no seal between the lower windshield frame and the cowl. Was there one originaly and the repro does not fit or did some cars have one and some don't? There is a seal between the upper glass and the lower. Thanks, Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:13 am:

I made hundreds of the lower windshield to cowl seals over the years, but Snyder decided to steal it from me, so I figured why bother any more. So now you can buy them from Snyder. The upper windshield post seal is available from the vendors too, as well as the h rubber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

I could not fit the lower seal on the top of the cowl so I slid it down between the dash and cowl with the larger bead against the lower windshield frame. It looks good and would seal water from coming under the windshield. Is this right???
Thanks, Tom

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration