WWI Model T or Later?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: WWI Model T or Later?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Filing research photos to go with my 1917 Maxwell files and need help. Does this belong in my WWI light Truck files or is this a later Model T?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

I get mixed signals. Radiator apron looks pretty early but the radiator and hood may be high. Steering wheel looks later. Wheels are right for the WW1 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

If it's WW1 it's a '17 or '18 and that car would have been pretty new at that time. The house in the background and the fence look to be in pretty good shape for a war going on however, I suppose if they were stateside...

Looks more to me like an old wagon used to haul the pickers out to the field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

My attention was drawn to the front bow, a type seen on many WWI trucks and a roll up windshield appears to be on the dash, another feature seen on many WWI trucks. The rounded top bows are also seen more on military trucks than civilian ones.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

The headlight lenses looks odd too. I believe that's a lady driving it. I see the roll up windshield now. There seems to be a lot going on in such a simple little picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 01:05 am:

Looks like the wishbone may be above the axle (17-18).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 01:20 am:

If that was used by the military, I think it would have an insignia, numbers or letters on it.

Maybe it was sold as surplus after the war. Who knows if the photo was taken in the U.S. or abroad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 01:32 am:

Macbeth green shade headlight lenses.Could have been used in National Guard training or hauling melons out of the field.Looks close enough to be a military vehicle if I wanted it to be one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration