Help Needed.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help Needed.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Arce on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:07 am:

I purchased this at a sale because it look interesting but I am not sure what they are and/or what they are worth. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance!

pic 1pic 2pic 3pic 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:39 am:

William - You said you purchased "this" and then you said "they". Did you purchase one or two?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Looks like a decent lamp. Not Model T. Nickel plated E&J patent 1908, from perhaps 1911 - 12 era. I think Flanders and several other brands used that lamp. Probably worth $125 or thereabouts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Does it have any writing or marks on it that the photos don't show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Looks like aluminum paint to me. You can take some chemical paint stripper and remove that paint with a few minutes of work.

Steve - Royce is correct. It is an E&J. There is a marking on the chimney cap telegraphing through the thick layer of aluminum paint.

They were used on many makes of cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Arce on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Yes I purchased 2 of these. the other has more black on paint on it.

I will check the other for visible (clear) markings tonight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration