Free lunch for Houston Model T'ers...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Free lunch for Houston Model T'ers...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

My beloved bride and I have a 6-1/2 hour layover in Houston on Thursday afternoon Feb 02.

We hope to connect with one or two local forum members for a bit of tire kicking and maybe a quick outing to a local collection, the Art Car Museum, Aboretum, or ???.

Any interest?

(Bring your appetite lunch is on us!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Well hell's bells if your buying lunch I think I'll buy a plane ticket and fly to Houston! :-) Ain't nothing better then a free lunch even if it costs me $800 in air fare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Chris, I'll make sure the 'club' sees this. I live further West of Houston, than the airport is to the North, and Houston traffic has gotten so bad (at least at certain times of the day) that I don't drive in Houston anymore until I get my cataract surgery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:41 am:

By the way, come with deep pockets just in case the whole club shows up. you may have upward of 50 to 75 mouths to feed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Thanks Terry -- and it just might be worth all those lunches to see 50 or 75 Model Ts pulling into Arrivals at the airport!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

That should raise Security's eyebrows!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Chris,

Sorry I am going to be out of town or I would meet you. The terminal areas at Houston Intercontinental are not very Model T Friendly. There may be a brave soul to tackle it. I hope there is.

Enjoy your stop-over.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Bumpity-Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Good morning Chris. We have been trying to figure out a way to meet you and spend some time during your layover in Houston. We live about 30/40 minutes north of the airport, however, as Bill Severn has said, Houston Intercontinental isn't very Model T friendly----we'd get run over. Will your 6 1/2 hour layover give you time to leave the airport for a little bit? We'd love to have you in our home and to see our Model Ts, however, in order to safely make your flight in time that would only give you an hour or so here and I sure don't want to cause you to miss your connection. Maybe we could meet you and have lunch nearby? Let me know what you think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Thanks John, PM sent.

By the way, I was just on Wikipedia reading up on your hometown of Conroe TX and interested to learn that for a period in the 1930s Conroe had more millionaires per capita than another other US city!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

We'll be picking up Chris and wife at the airport in Houston for a visit between their flights. We aren't too far from the airport so we'll have some time to visit over Model T conversation for a little bit that afternoon. If you are in the area and have time to come by our home to visit while they are here please send a PM and I'll furnish directions. We are very close to I 45 and just south of Conroe. Let me know if you can make it. We should be back to the house around 2:30 or so that afternoon and hope to have a couple of hours to visit before taking them back to the airport.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Chris, I'm sorry that I live much too far southwest of Bush Airport to join you and John, but I'm glad he stepped up. He's right about Bush. it is in the company of LAX, OHare, Atlants, or any of the NYC airports and I value my T more than I care to drive it to Bush.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration