Brass Restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass Restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

I want give a big THANK YOU to Rick Britten for restoring my 1910 lamps to NEW condition. His number is 269-979-3928 or brassguy1905@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

WOW!!! Now it's time for a drive out in the rain..

Are these coated or just polished. Beautiful job!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Is that a re-plating or a good polishing job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

Duhhh..guess I shoulda read Gene's post!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

By coated I think Gene meant coated with lacquer not plated with brass.
I guessing they were polished and then coated with lacquer if they were coated at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Im not sure how Rick does it, but these are original, dent free and polished. Im not sure if he coated them or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks Rod. Wow, they look like they coulda been re-plated. I have a set from my '12 that I've been kicking the idea around to have the same thing done. I invented the word "procrastinate". Probably too late now to get 'em done before driving season. How long of a wait time did you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Beautiful, beautiful work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 02:07 am:

The lead time was one year for the restoration. I purchased 3 new two tier lamps as a temporary replacement from Rootlib, but they did not have the wick adjusters. Rick Britten also supplied wick adjustments for the replacement units with a 30 day lead time. Now I have the restored originals and the reproduction units.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 02:30 am:

So I'm guessing you have covers for all the lamps.

I've found that when I get lazy and don't put them on after a drive it makes a difference on how quick they tarnish. Of course mine aren't lacquered and living close to the beach with that ocean breeze blowing in my garage every time I open the door really doesn't help.

Amazing job for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Rick Britten does a beautiful job restoring any brass item. I am not a fan of coated brass. It looks good for a while. When it starts to tarnish,the coating is HARD to remove!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:43 am:

Gosh,Rod those are NICE lamps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Those are really nice. I've thought about having mine restored but I've been afraid to ask about costs. I'm sure that varies with condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 08:30 am:

He is without a doubt, the best. It is rare today to find craftsmen with the commitment to that level of quality. We are fortunate to have access to his quality of work.

Richard Williamson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 10:13 am:

The cost was not cheep, but you don't want cheep when restoring a brass car. I never ask the price when hiring Rick to restore my brass as these parts are antiques and irreplaceable. His work is flawless.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration