Looking for 26-27 model T r/pu rear mudgaurd

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for 26-27 model T r/pu rear mudgaurd
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Hi folks Iam looking for a model T 26/27 rear right hand mudgaurd. can anyone put me on to a parts 2nd hand or new mudgaurd Cheers Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Translation for the USA, rear RH fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 01:48 am:

I never have figured out why they are so scarce.
I looked for a RH rear fender for my '26 touring for several years until Terry Woods sent me a nice one.
And why did the right rear rust through when the left did not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:58 am:

After working in body shops for 40 + yrs I have observed that many drivers, when getting on or off the road will often skirt the edge of the pavement, causing mud and debris to be deposited in the nooks and crannies of the right side fenders. This damp, moist debris when packed will cause the surfaces under it to rust at an accelerated rate. Virtually every badly rusted area I've ever had to repair had had mud or leaves, etc packed around and inside the severely rusted areas. The prevention: spray under the car frequently with a water hose, or don't run along the very edge of the pavement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:28 am:

My father always called them mudguards.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration