Pictures needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pictures needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Would someone with a 1919 Model T roadster with a starter & generator please post a picture of its dash and in particular, the area where the steering column passes under the dash. Also a picture of the steering column horn switch showing how it is mounted to the steering column
Thanks you for your assistance.
Ernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

I believe the horn button on my 1923 touring is the same one that would be on your 1919 roadster with starter. The 1919 non-starter cars used a different one. You can ignore the non-Ford speedometer strapped on top of it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Here is a photo of an original sedan dashboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Thank you Larry. Did the steering column pass through the cut out area on the left side of your picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I have not seen an ammeter with that particular face before, saying "Ford Motor Company".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

I have three of those ammeters. They have a lot of pot metal in them, and I doubt if I could ever get mine to work, but since I don't own a 1919 I don't care! I don't know about the steering column for the car pictured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 02:01 am:

Larry, Is that the Clum switch in the picture above?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Larry/David: That looks like the Clum switch in the dash of my 1919 Center door?? Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 01:12 am:

Well, it sure looks just like the Clum switch in my '16 Dodge Brothers Touring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Larry; I thought it looked familiar and remember our correspondence on the Clum switch back in 2014, thanks! The toggle switch was hooked up because the previous owners had lost the Clum key. I did not find a Clum key that matched the number of the lock; but did buy a Clum key on eBay and pulled the ignition lock “pins”out (saved them of course) and can now use the Clum key. A screw driver also will work, but the Clum key at least looks authentic.

Clum Switch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Ernie:
Here are picts of the steering slot inside and on the firewall side. Steering column slot is left of the ignition switch.
My car is a 1919 Center door; so not sure if is the same?
Chuck

Column SlotFirewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

Thanks chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Ernie: My 1919 is pretty much original. It did not have a horn on it; so not sure if that was an optional accessory back in 1919? I have an extra horn that I may put on it this winter. Attached are two more pictures of the steering column. Chuck

column 1

column 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Thank you Chuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

When I got my Clum switch, it had no key. I gave the number to Jarvis Erickson who is a locksmith, and he came up with a key. The new style 1919 switches also use Clum switches.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration