Gas tank Ques.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gas tank Ques.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

What is the best way to clean out my gas tank on my 27 T Coupe that has been dyed up for 28 years and showing some rust when looking in from the filler neck ..... Thanks for any help ... Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Mine was like that. I tried a sealer product and ended up buying a new tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I took mine to a radiator shop which boiled it out and then sealed it with sealer which is not affected by gasoline. No problems so far and it has been over 10 years. New tanks for 26-27 cowl tanks are not being made new.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Is anyone making repro tanks for 26 - 27 models?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Don't believe so. A couple different outfits will cut yours open to "refinish".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

No new cowl tanks that I know of. If there were, I would have purchased one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Sorry, I must have missed Norm's last sentence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Oops, no. I hadn't read Norm's post when I posted. We posted about the same time. We'll, at least I know im not crazy. We'll, not entirely, anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curt Brainard on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

It there is significant rust I would consider molasses. You can see it on you tube. Otherwise caustic does a great job.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration