First post

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: First post
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

New owner trying to get my account working

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

Success! Welcome aboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Looks like it works. Welcome. When you're able, let's see the 24. We like pictures. :-)

If it's your first T, you'll need these:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG79.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:03 am:

Thanks guys yes it's my first t I am a machinist
And a fairly good mechanic I have already read about the thrust washers and checking on that is on my list. Also not knowing the condition of the internal oil line buggs me so I'm going to pull the timing cover and try to clean it I made me an alignment tool.I will get some pics up later today.
Philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Thank god, another southerner :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:11 am:

Get to know Dan Hatch in Alabama. He is a machinist too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

But you will have to throw out some of your machinist habits when working on the T! Some things just aren't done to .001" +/-.0005" specs!
:-)
Oh and welcome aboard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

I got the t bug when my hit and miss engine buddy
bought a real rough 26 roadster pickup it runs and drives and is a lot of fun has the hill Billy look
So I wanted one the one I found was some weird yellow color but fairly straight and a good runner.
Philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

David D makes a good point about tolerances in a Model T. Rebuilding a T transmission to really close clearances is not always the route to go. Opinions will vary!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration