Painting my 24 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Painting my 24 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

Doing bodywork now.have fenders splash aprons and running boards off.should I paint then reassemble.
Thanks philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

I would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Perhaps the best way.Get a second pair of hands to help when reassembling,and avoid scratching them up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Yes, paint the parts individually then reassemble. That way all surfaces get painted and protected from rusting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Before painting them, assemble them to insure the fit is correct--nothing worse than having nicely painted parts that don't fit together! Then take them apart again and paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 06:14 am:

Follow David's suggestion carefully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 06:48 am:

Yea that sounds smart I will post some pictures
Later after I read up on posting. Philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Splash shields!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration