Ford script

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford script
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:33 am:

I am trying to find out what this piece might have come from.It is the old Ford script and it looks like the one on my new(old) tool box.

xxx

xxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Maybe the tailgate of a late 40's early 50's ford truck. A lot were cut out for grain doors. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 10:02 am:

I have a 42 GPW military jeep that was one of the first ones built and they were allowed to have a Ford script logo on the rear panel under the jerry can. Willys had block Willys. After the first 25k thousand, or so, the military disallowed them to do that, so they are rare.
Here is a link to another forum discussion with some images.
http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=190125

Your dimensions appear to match the logo on my rear panel. It is my understanding that Ford used the stamps from an existing stamping they were using for either a truck or tractor. But it would be that time frame or slightly earlier.

Hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration