Wanderwell expedition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wanderwell expedition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

I recently acquired a new release book about Aloha Wanderwell, a 16 year old girl who drove a model T around the world in 1925. The story spans 3 years and involves her husband, Walter Wanderwell. it seems they had 3 at times 4 modified T's they had outfitted with, speedster type bodies, solid wheels which could be adjusted for gauge so they could fit onto a railroad track and a ruckstell axle.
The book (I'm about 1/2 way through) although interesting is more about the hero's personal diary and doesn't cover much about the cars themselves, little mention of the mechanical issues they had with them. It must have been a huge effort. The Wanderwell expedition website has a bit more information, just wondering if anyone knows more about story?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

There have been many threads on here discussing the Wanderwell expedition and dozens of photos posted too. You might want to use the search feature to see all the previous material on the subject. Google is your friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Dave

Did some research awhile ago, here is info on my webpage:

http://www.tmodelman.com/wanderwell.php

Have been working at a recreation of Unit #2. None of the original cars used on the world tour survived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Dan -- Thanks for posting that link to your write-up on the Wanderwells. It is a gripping story, with unfortunately an unhappy ending. I'm anxious to see your recreation of Wanderwell II. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Thanks Dan, a fascinating story, good luck with your project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Dan, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Very interesting, Thanks for posting

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration