Car Cover for 1912 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Car Cover for 1912 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David R Herring on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Someone advised that the Empire Covers EMP432 car cover was a good fit for a Model T Touring.
Any advice would be appreciated please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/700244.html?1481238659

No model number mentioned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

I have one on Don Langs generic covers, and it is a nice cover. Does the job for under $100.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David R Herring on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Hi Erik

Thanks for the link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David R Herring on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Thanks for the advice Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I ordered the one for my 1912 through Mac's. I think it's a California. Very nice cover but a little pricey. It fits very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:25 am:

I picked up some nice used hospital curtains, Moms sewing machine some sewing lessons from Mom and now we have a form fit cover for the T cost 5 bucks keeps the dust off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Colin:

My mother has sewn three car covers over the years. Two out of muslin and one out of hospital curtains that my dad got from the nurse's office at the company where he worked.

Here is one made of muslin:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Erik We are old school Dad's thing was if you don't know how get a book and learn, Dad made the top for the car covers for all the cars and covers for the brass. Back in the day there was not a lot of money to spend on a hobby. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

Colin:

My dad did all the upholstery, door panels, top and top boot for his '17 touring - no kits. Also did some upholstery for another fellows touring.

He made some spare tire covers for his Hupmobile and a friend's Studebaker.

Did all the leather upholstery on his 1900 Waverley.

He has a commercial Singer sewing machine. However, it is my mother who did the car covers….

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration